Welcome to my little homeschool world. On the side you will see numerous free or low cost resources to educating your kids. I update the links often. But due to my busy schedule with family and life, I don't get to post little blurbs or reviews as much as I would like. So, if it's been a while, please excuse me. I'm probably busy with our own schooling or part of our lives. But you will find lots of websites and blogs in the links that I'm sure will give you hours of online exploration and reading!
Have a blessed day!
Angela

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Creation Science vs. Evolution..

Don't you love it when God meets your needs when you don't even think to ask Him??

Recently we've started with a mostly classical style of education. In Classical Education, History starts at the beginning, during ancient history. One thing I've wrestled with is how to teach ancient history using the recomended books and still be in line with what the bible teaches.

All of the books I've found on TWWM "recommended" list are heavily indoctrinated with Evolution and teach evolution as a fact, not a theory. Although I know evolution is not true, I just wasn't sure how to explain to my daughters why, and what evidence backs up that fact.

Well.. Yesterday help basically fell into my email in box. Cindy Rushton, in her Talk a Latte Chats, is hosting a series of online seminars directed at kids to teach creation science.

The first one in the series is Learn 5 Things Evolutionists Don’t Want Your Kids to Know with Felice Gerwitz. This was given yesterday afternoon and was for free!
We all sat around on the couch: Me with a good book to catch up on, Jordan with paper and pencil ready to copy notes, and Joelle with her paper and Crayons.

Felice was great at explaining things at the kids level. Something I just don't know how to do yet. And we all learned so much.

There is another free class today. Learn 5 Things Evolutionists Don’t Want Your Kids to Know with Felice Gerwitz is again today at 1:00pm CST. The link to get into the chat is here:
http://talk-a-latte.com/busy-week-ahead/

I would highly encourage anyone who happens to stop by here to stop by Cindy's website. She packs all of her websites with tons of freebies!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Angela,
It was nice meeting you at Cindy Rushton's debt free Seminar.
I like your post.
You are going to enjoy Felice's online classes.
We are doing her Creation Science unit studies this year. And Love it.
I have posted about some of what we have done on my blog. The 4 books are on sale, as a bundle, at http://www.mediaangels.com/

Look in left side-bar for online store link. The bundle is on sale for $37.90. It's usually $75.80.

Blessings,
Michelle
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/journeyhome