Welcome to my little homeschool world. On the side you will see numerous free or low cost resources to educating your kids. I update the links often. But due to my busy schedule with family and life, I don't get to post little blurbs or reviews as much as I would like. So, if it's been a while, please excuse me. I'm probably busy with our own schooling or part of our lives. But you will find lots of websites and blogs in the links that I'm sure will give you hours of online exploration and reading!
Have a blessed day!
Angela

Friday, April 16, 2010

Audio Book of the Week - Black Beauty


Black Beauty - by Anna Sewell

All three of my daughters love horses, and my oldest has read through the book at least twice (that I know of). Since we have downloaded the .mp3 format and burned it to CD we have listened to it almost every time we are in the truck going to or fro running errands or such.

Anna Sewell really has a way of writing that emphasises the truth that all animals are God's creatures, but they really are at our mercy of how they fare. (I'm not a tree hugger, nor do I put animals lives on the same importance as human lives. But God did give us dominion over them and that includes the care of them.)

You may download the book version for your E-reader or to print out here: Gutenburg.org - Black Beauty Ebook Archive page.

Go to the Librivox.org Black Beauty Archive Page for the chapter by chapter playlist, download in MP3 format, or click play below to hear Black Beauty from the beginning.


No comments: