Welcome to my little homeschool world. On the side you will see numerous free or low cost resources to educating your kids. I update the links often. But due to my busy schedule with family and life, I don't get to post little blurbs or reviews as much as I would like. So, if it's been a while, please excuse me. I'm probably busy with our own schooling or part of our lives. But you will find lots of websites and blogs in the links that I'm sure will give you hours of online exploration and reading!
Have a blessed day!
Angela

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thankful for the new....

Another year is here. Another year has gone.

This past year has brought a lot of changes for us.

We said goodbye in May to our 2 bedroom mobile home, moved twice in 2 months, and in August said hello to our new home.

Our home is an answer to many prayers. And is a total blessing.

The biggest blessing is we now have a school/play room.

Although it's not really a "school" room... but more like the main study area. My kids take over the house with their books.


After being in a small, 2br house, with a hubby, 3 kids, 1 dog, and all the stuff we accumulate, it is so wonderful to be able to have a room devoted just to home education, study, and furthering our interests. It is such a luxury for the girls to be able to spread out in this room, and throughout the rest of the house, to learn in an atmosphere comfortable for them.

I am so thankful to God for blessing us with this home and this room.


This is the view from the door.

Another view from the corner by the door. I LOVE the maps!

A low futon perfect for snuggling and reading on.
There is also a ledge behind the futon that my girls like to lie on with their blankets and pillows to read.

And I just had to show you, I now have a full size white board! Yes I am a little nerdy. But I just love white boards and dry erase markers, and chalk, and chalk boards. Don't ask me why, I just do!

The closet has our back packs for days we take a field trip, and will be storage for the books for future terms that won't fit on the shelves.

I love the desks. They are just so cute.

But I am not a homeschooling mom who makes my kids sit at desks all day. (Who still does??) My youngers love to sit at the desks for handwriting and math, and then spread out through out the house for reading and other activities.

My oldest has a desk in her room, but she usually just does her seat work at the dining room table just outside the school room door. (Oh yes I am thankful for a DINING ROOM too!)

Yes, I am extremely grateful and thankful for my school/study room.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Ohhhhhh I'm so jealous. I hate having all the school stuff jammed into the living and dining rooms. Your school room looks fabulous! I'm so glad you are able to have this - you deserve it!

AngieDSimplyMe said...

Sarah... thank you for you kind comment! I miss seeing you guys. And last time I visited your house you seemed to have your school stuff jammed in there pretty well, it fit right in!

Sarah said...

LOL sort of... but Maggie will be coming home this fall, and then it will definitely NOT all fit. Plus we have to move the desks to put the Christmas tree up, and you know how art supplies multiply, divide and conquer over time? Yeah... Anyway, miss seeing you guys, too!

Anonymous said...

*love* this school room. We have similar hearts towards things. Maps, whiteboards, chalkboard *sigh* love it all. Lovely to see your school room; may you continue to be blessed.
~Sheri

Unknown said...

I love your room. Boy what I could do with that! It's so nice. You are blessed!

Gothic Attitude said...

Your post is helpful. I appreciate that Plus Size Jacket